I absolutely love the Holiday season for many reasons, but mostly because of the presents. No, not because of the presents I receive, but because of the presents I get to GIVE. I spend hours browsing online websites or stores in the mall looking for the perfect gifts for the special people in my life. I can’t wait to do gift exchanges to see how my friends and family like what I’ve picked out for them.
So I got to thinking about what someone special in particular would want: Otis. If Otis and I could exchange gifts like everyone else, what would I get him that would make him squeal in excitement like I’m hoping my gifts for others will do? Here are my guesses:
1. Unlimited bully sticks (that’s a no brainer for any dog, right?)
2. A personal body guard to keep him safe from all the big bad things in the world. . . aka the gust of wind that just blew outside
3. Access to my bed (he doesn’t get that right now)
4. A drool catcher. I’m not sure this is designed yet, but if I could get one for Otis he would be set for life. We could water an entire garden for a year with the amount of saliva that dog produces.
5. A personal tracker for his humans, equipped with a GPS for instant information on their whereabouts and when they are set to arrive home.
6. A dog bed that supports his tendencies to sleep upside down.
7. Every meal mixed with left over gravy or beef stew, courtesy of former-FosterGrandma.
8. A personal itcher for all those hard to reach locations that humans neglect to constantly scratch for him.
9. A lifetime supply of the biscuits that my coworker b j gives him every morning when we go to work together.
10. Lots of peanut butter stuffed Kongs – but not for him, for all of his friends who are still in the shelter (he is a very generous pup and I know he would want that).
I wish I can give him all these things, but I’ll probably have to settle with just a lot of snuggles and head rubs, which I’m sure he will be just fine with anyway.
If you could give your pup anything for the Holidays, what would it be?!