I’ve heard that Baltimore, MD is nicknamed “Smalltimore” – and I found out on Wednesday just how small it really is when I ran into Pittieful Love’s Jess (who I wrote about in this post) and got to meet Chocko, their new pup! It’s pretty funny/confusing how it happened, so I’m going to break it down:
1. Catching up with my friend Mike over dinner in Baltimore.
2. Walking home from dinner, spot a woman walking her pit bull. Make a joke about how it’s this specific neighborhood in Baltimore and it’s a pit bull, so there’s a chance I know the person and dog.
3. Note to Mike that I have a blog friend named Jess who has a pit bull that looks similar to the one that woman is walking, but the woman is too far ahead to tell if it’s her.
4. Mike obnosiously yells out, “Jess!”
5. It wasn’t Jess. Awkward.
6. Catch up to the woman and her dog anyway and of course say hi. The dog is adorable and sweet, and I begin to recognize it as this pup that I photographed at B-More Dog’s Pit Bulls on Parade:
7. Confirm that it IS in fact Laura and Hurley from the B-More Dog event. Like I said: Smalltimore. Immediately start chatting with Laura about fostering and pitties, etc.
8. Remember that Jess commented on the B-More Dog post that Hurley was her neighbor, so I ask Laura if Jess lives close by.
9. Turns out we were standing right outside of her house. Not kidding. Smalltimore.
10. I don’t have Jess’ number, so while Mike and Laura are talking, pull up Facebook on my iPhone and write on Jess’ FB wall: “I am literally standing outside your house right now.”
11. Creepily peek inside her windows to see if we can catch a glimpse of her new foster failure, Chocko. We can’t.
12. Jess immediately bursts out of the door, ending the phone conversation she’s having with, “I gotta go – I just got a Facebook post!” Squeals and excitement ensue.
13. Jess invites us in to meet Chocko (!!). So exciting as I have been reading about him for months now and have never met him. He is one handsome dude.
14. Mike gets his dose of pittie loving and we all hang out chatting about Smalltimore (everyone in the room lived there except me).
15.Continually exclaim how adorable Chocko is. I promise – he is even more handsome/silly/sweet in person than in photos.
See? Told ya it was complicated. Totally awesome story though, right? This is why I love this blogging doggy world – you meet so many cool friends! I think my favorite part was when Mike said, “What do you mean you guys know each other from the internet. . ?”
:-) Happy Friday!